1. Legal Notice
2. Data Collection
In the course of operating the Site Services, we may collect two types of data about our users: Personal Data and Non-Personal Data.
"Personal Data" is personally identifiable data, such as your name, address, email address, birth date, gender, nationality, and profession or education level. Personal Data is collected by us when you choose to provide it to us when registering for a Site Service, such as when you choose to subscribe to a Site Service, enter a Site promotion or choose to receive a Site newsletter. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our customer service representatives, we may keep a record of that correspondence or we may register a phone call so that we may fully address the subject matter. We may also receive Personal Data from our business partners and other third parties, provided that such third parties are permitted to share such information.
Business contact data such as the name, title, business address, email address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization are not considered Personal Data.
"Non-Personal Data" is data of an anonymous nature, such as an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address), the domain you may have used to access a Site Service, the type and version of browser or operating system you may be using, and the website you may have come from and visit next. Aggregate data, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. average age or geographical allocation of our users), number of visitors and average time spent on a Site Service, is also considered Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data is collected or derived by us in the course of operating the Site Services, even if the user account will be cancelled. For example, our Web servers may automatically collect Non-Personal Data, which is provided through your browser or stored, on a Cookie or through a Web Beacon when you choose to visit a Site Service. Non-Personal Data is used by Site as described here. When a User Account is cancelled, your personal data such as name, address, phone and email addresses are erased, however, the rest of all your personal and non-personal data will continue to be stored in order to be used in our “Statistics” application.
3. Use of Personal Data
Personal Data may be used by us for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the Site Services and information, you have requested from us, including your use of the Site. We may from time to time use your Personal Data to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to Site Services;
- Providing you with offers or information from our Site or certain of our selected sponsors or advertisers. The Site may send you email materials and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. If at any time you would like to end your subscription to any such email materials, follow the directions posted at the bottom of the email material;
- If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on the Site, we may, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as contacting, announcing and promoting the winners of the promotion;
- The Site stores any personal and non-personal data entered by the Users. All Users hereby give their explicit consent to the Site Administrators to store and process such personal and non-personal data. The Site stores and processes such personal and non-personal data for its purposes and services, including but not limiting, for the “Statistics” application and for applying selection filters. Users hereby expressly acknowledge and grant the Site the right to maintain and process all or part of their personal data for the purposes mentioned above, even after the User Account has been deleted.
- The Site may also use Personal Data if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not sell or rent your Personal Data to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Data for a designated purpose;
- Who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with Site Services. Such entities act under strict controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Data and to use such data solely for purposes related to the provision of the Site Services;
- As may be set out in the Terms and Conditions applicable to a Site Service, to facilitate the provision of such Site Service, such as fulfilling legal requirements;
- As required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
5. Links to Third Parties and Advertisements
6. Encryption and Security Protocols
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information during transmission by using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You can help protect the security of your Personal Data as well. For instance, never give out your password, since this is what is used to access your Account or Registration Information. Also remember to log out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using a Site Service or surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your data.
7. User Account and Registration Information
The Site provides you with the means to access, update, edit or delete any User Account or Registration Information you may have provided to us at any time on your own by going to the appropriate page in the User Account or Registration section of the relevant Site Service, and changing or deleting such information as desired.
If you are unsure, whether we keep a record containing any of your Personal Data (name, address, email or phone), please Contact Us, indicating all e-mail addresses that you may have given us.
If you decide at any time that you do not want to receive any e-mail materials to which you have subscribed, you may choose to unsubscribe to these e-mails by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mail material.